Saturday, April 16, 2016

Two Meetings with Two Local Government Bosses, Two Different Results



The Chairman said to us:

"Don't market me.... I don't care about people's perception about me. I don't need to be marketed."

I remember leading a courtesy visit to one Local government Chairman in my days as an undergraduate. This Chairman, drew his seat very close to us in order to hear us properly. When it was time for our presentation, without mincing words, we told him our mind.

However, the Chairman also told us his mind. He doesn't care about what the people take him for. We returned.

What his story later became:

*After his term as Chairman, nobody has ever heard about him in the political arena.

*As a Local government chairman, he was not able to construct the road that leads to his home where his magnificent building still stands.

*As a Chairman, a refuse bin beside his compound was never evacuated.

*Today, nobody talks about him. He was of no value to his people and nobody wishes to be like him.

Funny enough, a few weeks after leaving the office, I returned to same office for a meeting with a new Local Government chairman. We really understood each other in the course of the meeting. This Chairman was later made a commissioner in the State.

The difference is clear.
My people talk say if a man take his hand bury himself, if his hand no comot, his leg go comot.

#servethepeople

No comments:

Post a Comment