Sunday, May 29, 2016

LESSONS FROM THE GAME FOOTBALL Part one


LESSONS FROM THE GAME OF FOOTBALL Part one 

Whenever I go through the post match analyses, I concentrate more on shots on target than ball possession. This is because as long as I am concerned, the results are more important than the processes.

I have always felt disappointed when a team that requires winning gains a few shots at the target. As long as I am concerned, I have always regarded such a team as an unserious one.

May I draw a little of your attention to a particular time the Nigerian Super Eagles needed a simple win ahead of their North African counterparts. The government made a pledge to reward the goals differently. In addition, a particular MNC also pledged to reward shots on target. I was convinced that the Siasia-led group would be motivated by these promises. To my amazement, the team could not produce more than two shots on the target in the first half.

Make me a part of the team at that moment, I would have two things in this my mind. It is either I get the goal or I produce the shots. This simply means that every opportunity that comes my way, some dollars would be made from my shot. Entertainment would have been suspended, unnecessary passes around the goal post suspended and back pass would not feature unless it would produce a good shot that would attract more money. Anybody that tells that I would not get these results does not know me. I must encourage myself.

One major problem the children of God face in this part of the world is the inability to nurse ambition and sustain it. Shots at the target are likened to AMBITION while the goals are the ACTUALIZATION. You can't actualize an ambition you have not nursed. This elucidates that one of the greatest sins a child of God would commit is failure to nurse ambition.

See the case of Joshua. 

God said to Joshua:

Joshua 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

This means that the accumulation of more territories is a function of how much Joshua could step his feet. If God gives you such a promise and you remain at a spot, your case is irredeemable. If you really wish to make it in life, you keep marching on places and accumulating them. Children of God have failed in this regard.

How do we apply the Joshua measure?

When you begin to nurse different godly ambitions, you are stepping on different grounds like Joshua. Can I tell you something? God will help you to acquire them. For that reason, have a change of mentality today. Every child of God is entitled to a good life and it is a function how many territories you have made up your mind to step upon.

Watch out for part two with my true life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment