Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Day Athan Onyeamuma Got Disappointed


Christmas is approaching. Normally, in higher institutions, this is usually the period for shows and get together. I wish to remind my brother and friend what happened when we were together in our third year in the University.

One blessed day, my brother Nnanyelugo Nwokoro returned to the room grumbling. Earlier, he greeted me when he was leaving for drama presentation in his Church. The drama was free but I did not go with him. I was surprised my man returned almost immediately and was was very annoyed. When I tried to know if he missed his tea, this is because the guy likes tea more than anything. My guy did not find it funny. Then I relax na.

When Athan Nnanyelugo eventually found his voice, he told me the cause of his annoyance. In the course of the drama presentation, they got the scene where Angel Gabriel greeted Virgin Mary with good tiding. According to my man, immediately the angel said:"All hail Mary....", the boys saw the face of the girl used for the role of the mother of Jesus, everywhere scattered.

He told me that more than half of the guys left the auditorium immediately. I tried to ask more questions as if I had not understood him. He told me:"What kind of nonsense is that? How can they use a well known girl at up gate to play the role of revered virgin Mary?"

I felt his pain and that other guys that expected to see better things but as usual of me then, I burst into laughter. I can't say how the programme eventually ended. I learnt more from the show in the room than the one they went for in the auditorium.

Another Christmas is coming.
Play your part well.

No comments:

Post a Comment