Monday, November 21, 2011

IF THE BLIND COULD SEE HIS WONDERS, HOW ABOUT YOU AND I?

I was on a visit to Nigerian Agip Oil Company at Rumeme Port Harcourt Nigeria in 2006. Beside the entrance of this great firm was a blind man that was being led by a little child. The blind man was singing and begging for alms from people as they walked down the street. I have always seen blind people singing and begging but this day I saw what I had always heard from comedians. The song this blind man was singing was:
                                "Anya m abuo ahuwo ebube gi Chineke,
                                 I mewo, I mewo
                                 Anya m abuo ahuwo ebube gi Chineke,
                                 Olu aka gi di mma."
The song is translated: God, my two eyes had seen your glory/wonders, thank you because your handiwork is good. Friends, I was challenged because at that time even now, I have not thanked this God enough. If a blind man could see God's wonders, how about you that have your eyes complete? How about you that He clothes and feeds? How about you that He protected from the harm of the enemies? When I considered my rate of indebtedness, I put my thanksgiving in writing so that the whole world will know how much this God should be appreciated. Have a view of this to learn how to show appreciation to this great God: http://authspot.com/poetry/showing-appreciation/ Probably you might think it is a waste of time saying thank you to this God. There are benefits loaded just for saying THANK YOU LORD. Have a view of seven (7) of these benefits here: http://relijournal.com/christianity/seven-benefits-of-thanksgiving/ For this reason, open your mouth now and say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment