Tuesday, October 29, 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 29/10/2013 - THE LOVING GOD BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


THE LOVING GOD

MEMORY VERSE
Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
1 John 3:1

READ
1 John 3:1-2

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

MESSAGE
God is a friendly God who takes steps to cultivate our friendship. The problem is that not many of us who claim to be born-again have reciprocated His moves towards us in the area of friendship. In addition to friendship, He is a loving God. John 3:16 tells us that God made the ultimate sacrifice of His only begotten Son out of love. Romans 8:37 says it is His love that makes us more than conquerors and not because we have learnt the rudiments of prayer. Because He is a loving God, He knows your weaknesses and strengths and is willing to come down to your level to both help and keep you company. Sometime in 1981, I was ministering from 8 a.m. to 6 a.m. and I still had to go take the Digging Deep service (Bible study). When we finished, I was so tired that my body was vibrating and I could not stand. Meanwhile, there was a long queue of people waiting to see me. At that point I asked God: Do l have to pray for these people when you can see that I can barely even stand? Then He told me to sit down and asked me, Who asked you to stand? All they needed is for you to lay hands on them. Until then, I never thought one could sit down and pray as I believed it was disrespect to God.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1 John 3:1

The love of God has given us a change of name  from children of the devil into sons of God. His love also ensures you are not disappointed. One reason He has not fully brought the weight of our sins upon us is because of His love. God loves you. His love has made Him to ignore certain things you did wrong; you did not escape His judgment because you were smart. His love also ensures that you are disciplined so that you can achieve His purpose for your life. How are you responding to His love today?

PRAYER POINT
Father, thank You for your love. Help me to love You and my brethren like You love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment