Saturday, October 12, 2013

Unless you Guarantee Our Freedom

I have been added to many groups on facebook while I am an administrator of seven groups. I use my groups to show how it is to make people have freedom in a Society they belong to. I have demonstrated this by allowing people to air their views without unnecessary restrictions. Where correction is required, I make sure I come up with stronger argument to push my points home and still retain the friendship that exists in these groups. Ordinarily, you may not even know I am one of the administrators of these groups.

However, I wonder how the names of groups administered by youths be different from the attitude of the administrators. You bear DEMOCRACY, yet you insult contributors on your page? Are you really democratic when you dictate people's opinions? Are you really ready to fight corruption when people seek for your approval to express themselves? Sometimes, you go ahead to warn those that refuse to see things from your perspective. Are you really ready to live in a democratic Society when you lack simple points to disprove your critics?

If you can deny the people of their right of freedom of expression because you formed an ordinary group on facebook, you will surely be worse if the Society at large is handed over to you. You are worse than those you think you formed the group to fight against.

You criticize Tukur? Honestly, Tukur is better than you. I once found myself in a group administered by some Ghanians. All that are posted in this group was all about sexual relationships. One day, I made my own contribution. I acknowledged how good the expressions are but  there is need for us to read how people contacted their first STD and how painful the first abortion was. I also challenged them to explain how bad luck is transmitted through sexual intercourse. Honestly, before I could go to see their reactions, they had already kicked me out of the group. This was the reason for my article, WHY I WAS SACKED which still circulates on the web.

It is good we practise what we preach. Freedom and the war against corruption share a common boundary.

No comments:

Post a Comment